Welcome! Please Introduce Yourself

Hi Im Bob Castell and I teach Health and Physical Education in grades Pre K - 5th.

1 Like

Hi folks! I’m Jorge Chia and i’m a media teacher in Los Angeles California. I can’t wait to get my students coding with BSD!

1 Like

Hi all!

Josh from West Bronx signing in!

Hello everyone. I’m John a teacher from Philadelphia.

1 Like

Hello John and Welcome

1 Like

Hello Everyone
I’m name is Johnese Greene. I have been teaching at West Bronx Academy for 8 years. I currently teach 6th and 8th grade Social Studies.

2 Likes

Hi Johnese. Welcome!

1 Like

Hi all! I’m Ryan and I’ve been teaching with BSD in the Philadelphia area since October. I’ve poked around a bit here, but I don’t think I’ve formally introduced myself. Hi!

1 Like

Hi Everyone my name is Brandon Tran and I am a new part time Instructor for BSD. I am a Philadelphia native currently studying at Temple University. I hope to contribute to this community and program!

Hello Everyone, my name is Rafiq and I’m a recent coding bootcamp graduate and web developer. I’m from Philadelphia, PA and have been coding for about 4 years. When i’m not at the screen I enjoy going to the gym.

Hey everyone, I’m Anna and I am from Bucks County PA. I recently graduated college with a degree in psychology, but have been making the transition into tech through taking a User Experience Design Bootcamp. I love the support that exists within the Philly tech scene and came across BSD through volunteering. When I am not working on a UX project or teaching, I am painting, playing soccer or hanging out with friends. Super excited to be apart of this community!

Hi everyone - I’m Michael and I’m from Bryn Mawr, PA. I graduated from UPenn with a degree in Fine Arts. I recently completed a coding bootcamp and am looking to be a web developer. When I’m not coding, I’m playing video games, reading, or hanging out with friends.

1 Like

I am Henry, from Louisiana and an undergraduate enrolled at University of New Orleans. I love Chemistry and enjoy learning new things.

I’m Makala Henry, I am currently a Senior at Southeastern Louisiana University. I major in psychology and plan to work with prepubescence children focusing on mental health and behavior development.

1 Like

Hello everyone, I’m Aaron and I work for an educational non-profit called STEM NOLA. I have a background in secondary education, and healthcare management. I only have limited knowledge of coding. I took a course in C++, and brief tutorials of python, and scratch.

1 Like

Hey! I am Imani- Im currently a Graduate student at Tulane University. Fun fact im no computer science stem major, though my major of Architecture uses all of STEM. i’ll be learning the foundation of coding today! yay!

1 Like

Hello,
I’m Bri’Ana Lawson, I am from New Orleans, LA. I am currently using BSD to understand coding and computer science in order to teach students that I engage with while working for STEM NOLA.

1 Like

Hello, I am Nick andI teach science in Philadelphia! Looking forward to using BSD in the classroom and learning from this community!

Hi, I’m Perry. I’m an entrepreneur, I graduated from Methodist University with a degree in Business Administration with a focus on Marketing. I have knowledge in CCNA and I am currently enrolled in IS audit, an online certificate program from the HKUST, Honk Kong University of Technology. With my marketing background and a passion for STEM education, BDS is a perfect match. I also have limited coding experience, but I look forward to learning and a successful partnership.

3 Likes

Hello. Cindi Schulze here. I am a HS, international teacher in Singapore. I have been teaching for 16 years. Coding has been a side hobby/clubs after school pursuit until this year when I was offered this amazing Design Technology position. I also teach MS electives and coach Volleyball. My dream job come to life!! #luck #blessed. I look forward to learning along side you all.

1 Like